No Complaining, Book Club, & Cowboy Casserole

Monday, June 25, 2012
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. Philippians 2:14-16

This is such a great reminder for everyone everyday. Just imagine if everyone followed this simple step how much more peaceful the world would be.


The cancer of a complaining spirit can undermine the spiritual and emotional health of an individual and can infect an entire group. This can result in discontent, frustration and even rebellion.


We need to avoid a complaining spirit when serving Christ. Instead, rejoice and thank God for all He has done. When you feel like griping, start counting your blessings.

NO COMPLAINING ALLOWED!




I know I have already raved to yal about Joyce Meyer's book, Approval Addiction, but seriously, it is TOO inspiring & touching not to tell you about again. If you haven't went and picked it up yet, please do. It really isn't just for someone who feels they always need everyone's approval, no matter what stage you are in your life, I promise you will love this book.

I am A.D.D. and literally I spent so much time reading this book & really trying to absorb everything she was saying, which is so unlike me. lol I'm on the Goodreads Yearly Book List & I have 50 books to read this year & I am 20% behind, but for this book I just didn't care. I highlighted pretty much the entire book because I feel like to really take in everything she said I needed to go back & re-read it, which again, is very unlike me. Usually if I have read it once, that is enough for me. 


I just started Divergent by Veronica Roth yesterday. It seems like a great book & a series that I can really get in to. It kind of reminds me of The Hunger Games.


Jason & I celebrated our 3 year dating anniversary on 6.20.12. I still can't believe it has been that long since we met in Eunice, NM on a construction site in a trailer. He always tells me he knew that day "I was THE one." *SMILE* I can't say I knew THAT day, but I did know very soon after. He is an AMAZING man & everyday I feel like the most blessed woman on earth. 

Anyways, for our 3  year dating anniversary I wanted to do something really sweet for Jason that we could keep for ever & show our kids someday soooo.. after searching for ideas I decided on making a book called "The Alphabet of our Love"! 


It turned out super cute! So, for each letter of the alphabet I wrote a characteristic of our love & what makes it special. Every page was decorated differently & all scrapbookish (prob. not a word). 

When I finally got to give it to him, he got all teary eyes & said that was the BEST present anyone has ever given him. I just want him to feel & know how much I love him everyday, plus won't it be so sentimental to look back 20 years down the road & recapture the moment?

While I was sitting on the floor, diligently trying to finish Jason's book before he came home, my BFF, Jessica came knocking on the door with a beautiful surprise!


He also had told me a couple days earlier that we were going to dinner, but it was a suprise. I am really not a fan of surprises because I like to know what is going on, but I tried to just go with it. He told me that I could dress like we were going to Pawley's Front Porch (amazing restaurant if you haven't been there already, their Fried Green Tomato BLT is DELICIOUS!), but that we weren't going there. Sooo.. we are driving along & I notice that the restaurant we are going to must be near Pawley's because everything looks similar, but Jason insists we are NOT going there. What do you know.. we pull into Pawley's and we walk in & Jessica & John are there with the table all set up cutesy with balloons & roses & gifts. It was absolutely perfect!

Jessica made us the CUTEST gift ever!! 


She made us a Jar O' Dates! There are tons of cute date ideas that we are supposed to pull from!! I love it! Thoughtful gifts are the BEST gifts!!

ONE LAST THING!

Last week I made a Cowboy Casserole that was just too delish not to share!

Cowboy Meatloaf and Potato Casserole


Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35 min Total Time: 45 min Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients

1 package Ore-Ida® Steam n' Mash Garlic Seasoned Potatoes 
1 pound ground meat lean 
3/4 cup onion finely chopped 
1/3 cup bread crumbs seasoned

1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauce, Honey Smokehouse 

1 egg lightly beaten 
2 teaspoon chili powder 
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup evaporated milk
 1 tablespoon butter
 1 cup crumbled bacon
 1/4 cup crispy fried onions canned
 2/3 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, Barbecue Sauce, egg, chili powder and salt until well mixed. Gently press into bottom of baking dish.
2. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Carefully pour off any excess fat if needed. Adjust oven to broil and place oven rack 6 to 8 inches from heat source.
3. Meanwhile, microwave Potatoes according to package instructions. In a large bowl, mix together hot Potatoes, milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer to desired consistency. Stir in bacon and fried onions. Spread evenly on top of beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot with additional Barbecue Sauce if desired.

Well, I guess that's about all I have to say for now!















http://www.add.org/

0 comments:

Post a Comment