Recipe for Happiness, Rattlesnake Bites, & Peanut Butter & Banana Pound Cake

Friday, May 18, 2012

RATTLESNAKE BITES


These were so delicious! Jason always loves my cooking, but he couldn't stop raving about these! I thought they were pretty delish too... and I don't even like break... I know.. Un-american right? This makes 24 rolls and takes approximately 45 minutes for preparing & baking.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies or you can substitute jalapenos
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls

Directions:
In a large skillet, cook beef & chilies (or jalapenos) over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.

Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short end of each triangle; carefully roll up.

Place point side down 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.


PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA POUND CAKE WITH NUTELLA GLAZE 


This cake was scrumptious! I made Jason take it to work because I didn't trust myself with it in the house. lol It also made me feel a strong connection to Elvis. I think he would have really enjoyed this cake.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy, but your choice), divided
2 3/4 cups sugar
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 large mashed bananas
1 cup Nutella, divided
2 tablespoons milk or water (optional)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325. Grease & flour bundt pan.

In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the sugar, mixing until light and airy, around 5 minutes (mine didn't take this long b/c I have a Pink Kitchenaid. Thanks Aunt Debra :) ) Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla.

Add the flour and salt to the mixer, all at once, and mix just until incorporated. Mix in the mashed banana on low.

Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan. Drop heaping spoonfuls of Nutella over the top of the batter, about 1/2 cup. Using a butter knife, swirl the Nutella all throughout the cake to get a marbled look.

Bake the cake for 60-75 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.

Allow cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to completely cool.

Heat remaining Nutella and peanut butter in the microwave in 10 second intervals to soften it up enough to drizzle. If desired, mix in a little milk or water to thin the glaze out. (I didn't do this.)

Drizzle on top of the bundt cake. Waaalaaa you have a masterpiece. :)



Well, I hope yal enjoy these recipes!! Maybe I should make a cookbook. I'll add that to my ever expanding list of things to do. hehe

Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment