From Mud To Miracles

Monday, May 14, 2012

Today I am inspired by the story of Jesus healing a man that was born blind. 


Here are a couple verses of the scripture that I was captivated by. 

His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:2 I don't know if anyone has ever wondered this before, but do children ever bear the consequences of their parent's sins? I understand how in life this is a true statement if your parents are alcoholics or drug addicts, then of course, as a child you would carry part of that burden. I mean more of from God. Are children punished because of what a parent/parents did? Personally, I sure hope not and if this is the case, although, no one is perfect, I would like to take the wrath from the sins of my grandparents. Hopefully, someone can answer this question from me.

Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." John 9:3

How has life been cruel to you? I think we have all asked the question one time or another "Why do terrible things happen to good people?" Is the pain in our lives a consequence of our own sin or our parents sin? Sometimes yes (for example, losing your husband because you cheated on him), but often no. God often allows suffering so that his glory might shine through our weakness and frailty. Praise the God who turns mud into miracles. God won't let anything happen to us in our life unless He has a good purpose for it all. 

Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam". So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. John 9:6-7

Can we look beyond our limitations and trust God that he will transform our problems into opportunities?


xoxo,

Jessica Ashe

0 comments:

Post a Comment