Love

Monday, June 11, 2012

A couple weeks ago, Jason bought me a new Bible called True.Identity The Bible for Women, but since we had it monogrammed I was the one who picked it up, therefore, he didn't get to write anything in the inside. So yesterday before church, I was sitting on the front porch, drinking my coffee, about to do a devotion when I opened my Bible I noticed he had written a sweet message in it. At the top he wrote, "I LOVE YOU! Faith, Hope, & Love (1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13)


There were more sweet messages inscribed in to my Bible, but this is the one that really touched my heart because as I turned to my devotion for the day, I was to read 1 Corinthians 13. I had to take a second glance to make sure I was looking at the correct page. Reading the devotion, I couldn't help, but cry (happy tears, of course) because little things like that remind me just how much God loves me & Jason and how He shows us how to succeed.


 After finishing my devotion, I had to ask Jason if he had looked at my devotion for the day & he was just as astonished as I was. I love when God reaffirms that your life is on the right track.


1 Corinthians 13 is often called "the love chapter" of the Bible. Paul writes that the greatest gifts of speaking, understanding, and sacrificial service are worthless without love.

Love itself is the foundation of winsome behavior, and its influence NEVER ends.




Perhaps your life isn't delivering the fairy-tale you'd dreamed of, but REAL LIFE is NOT a fairy tale, just as real love isn't a fuzzy feeling - it's a choice God calls you to make each moment of each day. CHOOSE to love everyone with the SAME unconditional love God continually shows you.




I just finished reading 23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese.

I must admit, it was a hard book for me to finish. Not hard as in the understanding quality, but it is hard to think about Hell, to think that people you may know & love may actually go there. I must say that it does put a very strong message on your heart to tell others about Jesus & what he has done for us. All in all, it is a good book, just be prepared.

I am currently reading Approval Addiction by Joyce Meyer.


I am only 1 chapter in, but so far I LOVE it!!

I have some wonderful recipes to share with yal.... TOMORROW!! :) Get excited.


0 comments:

Post a Comment