The Purpose in Pain

Sunday, May 20, 2012
All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

How much more willing should we be to trust God, the Great Physician,  to reset our broken lives to be conformed to the image of His Son.


One of God's purposes in pain is to brand the image of Jesus in our hearts. God may need to stain our cheeks with our own tears so that we can genuinely empathize with others as Jesus did. God may need to strip away our security to conform us to the God-sufficiency that Christ displayed. It may require a tragedy to teach us to trust the Father as Jesus did. Next time you feel broken, don't panic-praise Him. God is at work.



I just got finished with Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris which was as amazing as the rest of the True Blood Series was!




I am a die hard True Blood fan. CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON! Deadlocked is the new Sookie Stackhouse book and is therefore Sookie Stackhouse book 12. The next Sookie Stackhouse book after Deadlocked is sadly the final one in the series and is due to be released in May 2013.


Today Jason & I watched Charlie St. Cloud




I cried the ENTIRE movie. It was sooo good, so I started the book & I am already almost finished. The book, of course, is much better than the movie. It's a must read!


MY NEW OBSESSION


I am currently obsessed with goodreads. It really is a brilliant idea where you can share what you are reading, see what your friends are reading, join book-clubs, & get book recommendations based off of what you have read. Ahh... I get excited just talking about it. So don't wait. Go ahead & join & make sure you add me as a friend, so we can share all our GOODREADS!! http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9511730-jessica-ashe


CURRENTLY PLAYING ON MY ITUNES


You have to listen to it!! It is just TOO sweet! If I would have heard this song before our wedding, it would have def. been one of our songs. It really does encompass our ENTIRE relationship! LOVING IT!

WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY!?

Today is Jason & my 2 year 11 month anniversary since we started dating, which this would be about the same time we met. awweeeee... sweet right. It's crazy to think that it's only been 3 years, but then again it seems like we've been together forever. I guess that's what happens when you are true soulmates. Right? He reminds me each day how truly blessed I am to have him in my life. I will NEVER take that for granted. He is the man of my dreams and the PEFECT hubby (I say this as he is cooking me dinner right now). He inspires me each day to be a better person. I love him more than words could ever explain. I love being a family!


lol who doesn't love a good ole Notebook quote??? It really is sooo true though.

okkkk... well ta ta for now...
XOXO
Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment