Pending Friend Request & Father's Day Bouquet

Monday, June 18, 2012




Did you know that you have a pending friend request from God? Have you accepted it yet?? This is one that you will not want to ignore!

Would you agree that it is hard to find GOOD friends


I wonder if God ever feels that way about us? Out of all the people in the Old Testament only ONE was ever called His friend. In Isaiah 41:8, God says that he chose Jacob, who was an offspring of "Abraham My Friend." That's a pretty exclusive club! So you can imagine how shocked the disciples were when they heard Jesus say "No longer do I call you servants... but I have called you friends" (John 15:15).

So, what does a friendship with Jesus look like? It starts with commitment. As He said, "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you" (v.14). Then He added the dynamic of communication. He promised to tell us all that the Father has told him (v. 15). 

Are you listening to God? 


Do you know how he speaks to you? 

God speaks to you in 3 ways: His creation, His Word (The Bible), and your human conscience.

As God's friends, we begin to bear fruit (v.160), sharing a commonality with Him by reflecting His glory in our attitudes & actions (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Jesus welcomes you to the privilege of friendship with Him!


JASON & JESSICA


Yesterday was Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all you amazing Daddy's out there and especially to my Papa, Dad, & Jason! Each one of you have impacted my life in a positive way & filled my heart in a way that no one else ever could. I thank you for loving me unconditionally & just being you!

I made a super cute Man's Bouquet filled with candy & liquor for Jason! He LOVED it & it was pretty easy to make. Although, I am pretty sure I gave myself a 3rd degree burn with the hot glue gun. OUCH! That was a user error. lol



Sunday was also very special for Jason & I because we joined Shandon Baptist Church in Columbia, SC. It has been a long time coming & we really wanted God to guide us to the right church, but after much deliberation & prayer, we joined!! YAYY! We are both so excited that God led us to such an amazing church with an awesome church family! 

I was in love with the church the first time we went, but Jason was a little more skeptical because it was so large and we wanted to ensure we would still be able to meet other christian friends & couples. We decided to pray on it & see where God led us. That very next day we received a call from the Pastor, Dr. Dick Lincoln. He informed me of the Sunday School Class for Young Married Couples which he said was a much smaller group. I knew God was answering my prayer before I had even had time to pray about it. So anyway, we joined & we are super excited about what God has in store for us.

We got a collage wedding picture back! It's so cute!


This Wednesday, June 20, 2012, is our 3 year anniversary of dating. Best 3 years of my life! I can't wait to see what is yet to come! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment