My First Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012
It's official... I am a blogger. Yay!!

I have had SO many positive things going on in my life! I am extremely excited to start documenting everything from our wedding, recipes, fitness tips, daily inspiration, updates on our life, animals, crafting ideas, books to read and SO much more!

As many of you already know, February 4, 2012, I married Jason Bentley Ashe.



 It was hands down, by far, the BEST, most precious, prized day in my entire life. Our wedding was a fairytale! I couldn't have imagined that day or that moment any more perfect. We were so blessed to have our friends & family by our side especially my grandparents! My grandpa, Papa, turned 82 on our wedding day and my grandma, Granny, turned 74 just yesterday! I love them to PIECES!!! They have shown & taught me the true definition of unconditional love!


I was also blessed to have THE BEST bridesmaids! They were so helpful & supportive throughout the entire process... from me changing the wedding from Jamaica to MS, changing EVERYTHING, late night spastic calls from me, flower vendors canceling 1 month before the wedding, throwing me beautiful showers, entertaining me while I was home without Jason for 1 month etc. I am SO incredibly thankful for MY BEST FRIENDS! It would not have been the fairytale it was without them.

Jason & I were so bless to be able to go on the honeymoon of our dreams. We went to Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica. We left Granny & Papa's house at 2 AM February 5, 2012 to drive to New Orleans. I have never been so tired, but felt so alive & awake. At that point, I am positive we were both high on love lol.



 Once we arrived at the airport, Jason bought me some excedrin and coffee because I was starting to get a headache. I took one, but dropped the other. We looked everywhere for that pill, we soon realized that it had fallen into my coffee. Jason then proceeded to tell me to just drink the coffee and it would be the same thing. It def. helped to keep our minds off how tired we were.

Needless to say, we arrived in Montego Bay, Jamaica around 12:00 PM. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire time we were there. I am pretty sure Jamaica looks very similar to heaven! It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. All the employees at the resort were SO happy and it wasn't because they were getting large tips either. They seemed to just be happy & thankful to be alive. It was a contagious feeling. The resort was stunning! The beaches were so tranquil! The food was DELICIOUS!! I need some Jamaican cooking lessons for sure! Jason & I were both happily surprised by my love for snorkeling! Jason & I both agreed that we will go back every year.... lol possibly move there.

One of the most exciting, surprising qualities about the resort was..... the number of random CATS! There were stray cats everywhere! I love cats & it was my first time to be away from Gracie for that length of time so it worked out perfectly. Random.... I know.


Our honeymoon was an absolute dream. We made lifelong friends with several of the couples we met there, as well as, a couple girls who worked at the resort.

On our way back to the US, we went through customs and were asked to step aside. Apparently you aren't allowed to bring sand back into the US from another country because some have tried to smuggle drugs back in. Well, of course, there was the cutest idea on pinterest where you take sand from each place you take vacations & put it in a container & label the sand, so we needed the sand. The customs worker was very understanding. He ran a chemical test on our sand & apparently, it wasn't drugs, so we were allowed to take our sand & proceed. lol Here is a picture of Jason collecting our sand on our last morning in Jamaica.



 We flew into Dallas to a blizzard. Typical. I am so thankful we were also able to spend a couple days with Granny & Papa before we came back to Columbia.

I am SOOOOOOO excited because as I type, our wedding pictures are on their way to me!!! Hopefully, by tomorrow I will have them! I can't wait to see all the moments our amazing, talented photographer, Mandy, captured. EHHHH CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well, I'd say I had a productive first blog experience. I have so much more to say, but it will have to wait until another day. :)

I LOVE YAL!!!!

Jessica Corban Ashe

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this girlie!!!!!!!!!!!!

& too funny about the sand!!!!

Post a Comment