When Life Throws You Lemons & Mini Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe

Thursday, July 26, 2012

God is amazing everyday, but some days it seems God shows us a little more that we haven't seen even a portion of what He can do. I LOVE days like that and (for me) today is one of those days.


Yesterday was a rather difficult day. I felt like I didn't have control of anything going on in my life... where will Jason & I live, when will we buy a house, when will we have a baby, when will we finally be able to settle down, and the questions just kept pouring into my head. I just became overwhelmed with the unknown. I knew, even as the thoughts were funneling through my head, all I needed to do was pray about it because God had it under control, but I just had to process that. Of course, I prayed & Jason & I talked about everything I was concerned about & I did feel momentarily better, but I woke up this morning with an overwhelming feeling of guilt because in that moment I kept questioning what God already had planned for me and I know His plans are for good and I trust him. Now on the other side of my head, God kept telling me that He loves me despite my imperfections. He already knew how sorry I was and there was a purpose, but not until I read my devotion for the day did I really feel His PEACE


This is the gist of my devotion this morning: Life is full of times when we are unsuspectingly "bowled a googley," and we find ourselves overwhelmed. In those moments of fear and confusion, it's comforting to know we have a God who is sufficient for ANY challenge.


Trails are to be expected (1 Peter 4:12), and we may well be shocked by the circumstances facing us, but God is NEVER surprised! He permits our trials, and He can enable us to respond to them in a way that honors Him.

When we suffer, we must "commit (our) souls to Him in doing good." wrote Peter (v.19). In God's strength, we can face life's most troublesome curveballs.


Literally, after I read this I had tears in my eyes & I felt like God had just given me the biggest hug & immediately, I felt only the peace that God can bring. I LOVE that God knew I needed him today, His LOVE & reassurance that I don't have to worry or plan for the unknown. I just need to keep faith & trust in him. 


"So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." 1 Peter 4:19

I hope that if any of you are going through any type of struggle that this message brings you the same peace that it brought me. I hope you know that God loves you & I love you, as well. 

Soooo... I know I always gush about having the BEST husband, but seriously, God really knew what He was doing when He put Jason Bentley Ashe in my life. He makes even the most dreary day filled with sunshine. Jason informed me yesterday that I had received a package from eBay & he said that the label looked just like the ones I use for Bella Grace Boutique. Instantly, I was worried that something I mailed out was unable to be delivered, but he wouldn't open the package until I got home. Once I finally got home from getting my hair done, I noticed the package was addressed to Jessica Ashe (which is not the name registered to my eBay store, Bella Grace Boutique, it is still under my maiden name) so I knew he was up to something. I opened the package and this is what I found.... 


More Pink Kitchenaid stuff for our kitchen. We both love the Pink Kitchenaid Cook for the Cure Line because it supports breast cancer awareness, which holds a very special place in both of our hearts.

 Jason always surprises me, but this surprise came at just the perfect time. Any man who surprises you pink stuff for your kitchen is a keeper. It's the little acts of love that really mean the most.


Yesterday I finished Still Alice by Lisa Genova.


By far, one of the most inspiring, insightful, heartfelt, compelling, devastatingly beautiful books I have ever read. Be prepared to cry. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK! 

The book is about Alice Howard, a professor at Harvard with her Ph.D. in Psychology. She starts to notice subtle changes in her daily life, but the symptoms could be linked to any numerous normal happenings... such as menopause, but eventually she is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers. The book vividly paints the portrait of the trials & tribulations that this devastating disease caused not only Alice, but also her family.

Last night, I started reading The Truth about Butterflies: A Memoir by Nancy Stephan

It's FREE on Amazon.


So far, I like it, but after reading Still Alice maybe I should have chosen to read something not so depressing.


MINI OREO CHEESECAKES

Jason said these are now his FAVORITE dessert. LOL He always says that, but they were very delicious.


Ingredients:

3 (8 oz) packages regular or light cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
24 whole Oreo cookies
12 Oreos crushed
Hot fudge or chocolate syrup (optional, I didn't use this)
Whipped Cream (optional, I only used this on half)
Additional Oreo cookie crumbs for garnish (optional)

Directions:
Place 24 cupcake liners in muffin tins. Set a whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner. Beat together softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just blended. Gently fold in 12 crushed Oreo cookies (I put the cookies in a ziploc bag and crushed them with a rolling pin). Spoon cheesecake mixture over each cookie in the liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the center of each cheesecake is almost set. Cool completely, then refrigerate at least one hour. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce, and sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top.

One more thing before I go, Don't I have the cutest cat ever????


I love her SO incredibly much! 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment